1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the
work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
-1 Corinthians 15:58

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Lord Provides!

I knew today was going to be a great day right off the bat! I have been getting up early to spend time with the Lord and then go running, so I've been able to really reflect on what God is teaching me. By the end of my run, I was so full of joy I couldn't help but sing along to my praise music :)

After a morning of planning and a little time at Park Center in the afternoon, we picked up food for food distribution tonight. We haven't been getting food consistently from BV because the servery isn't open regularly, which means we mostly only pick up from Pizza Hut and KFC during the week. Well, no worries! The Lord provided the food today! There was freshman orientation at BV, a surplus of pizza from Pizza Hut, and some other donors as well! Quite a few people who usually help out were unable to be here tonight, but it was really great to be able to come together as a team and get everything done.

 Marathon to Marathon was this weekend, and they donated many loaves of bread and some spaghetti with meat sauce! We haven't gotten as many bread donations lately, so it was great to be able to give these out!

 
These are the same loves...I just thought it was funny to see them all piled in my car! I didn't get a picture of it, but a nice gentleman who helped me carry the donations to my car buckled a pail of spaghetti into my front seat (just to make sure I didn't get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt!)



OH NO! All this food and only one box of freezer bags?! Have no fear! Jonathan and Anna: Here to save the day!!






So you might be asking yourself - all this food to pack, and why is Fern not here helping? 

 
Oh there she is! She was just working on making a THIRD trip to pick up food when the first photos were taken! (Remember, my car was full too - that's four carloads of food in one day!)
 


We had many pans to wash, and only one dish washer! He just kept plugging along...what a trooper :)
A definite highlight of the night: bagging pasta! Who wouldn't want to squish their hands into a five gallon bucket full of noodles?

 
After helping serve food for 279 people, Allison and I returned "home" to Ron and Deb's, quite exhausted and hungry for some food for our own bellies! Our gracious hosts were both busy tonight, but they each left us a note on the counter and pork loin ready on a plate! 



Earlier in the day, we had been reminiscing about the number of times we had cereal for supper last summer, and I think these memories helped us to appreciate our hosts so much more! God not only provided food for those we were serving, but blessed us with a great meal as well!



3 comments:

  1. Kirsten I love your blog post! You are such a blessing to have on the team as well as all the other new team members:) Lots of great times ahead this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading your previous blog post as well...:)

      Delete