1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the
work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
-1 Corinthians 15:58

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A (Birth)Day in the Life of Me


My birthday was kind of just like another day, but it was filled with some extra fun and celebrations. I documented the day, both to show you what a great birthday I had and to show you what life's like around here!


I started the day off with some time with the Lord and nice run (my kicks are shown below)


When I got back from my weekend trip home, I was quite excited to see Allison got to borrow Dave's mustang convertible!! We drove to the office in style!



Every day at 9, we meet at the office for a time of prayer that Peter leads every morning. We pray for the ministry and people who God has put on our hearts. 


The Summer Sizzle planners were meeting when we left our prayer time in the front part of the office. 


And we were off to work on the 4th of July float! 







 I'm a "Ray of Sunshine!"






 Sometimes bird fly in the shed, so we had to protect our beautiful work!

What a good-looking team!


This is the point where I have fewer pictures. We took a break for lunch, then went to Walmart to buy a few supplies and visited a family. We stopped by the neighborhood centers briefly, and one of the kids at Seneca drew me this beautiful cake! What a sweetheart :)


Then it was off to food packing and distribution! 











I love bagging soup!
Gotta get every last drop, so teamwork is always good :)




 Doing dishes and filling bags


Donna really helped make the day special. She got me a cake and some beautiful flowers! She is so much fun to serve with every week at food distribution. We have great conversation, and she is a great example of what God's giving and grace looks like. 


It was fun to be able to share the cake with fellow volunteers, as well as with those who were coming in to pick up their food. 


We had such great fun and fellowship with one another. We have all been truly blessed with such great community with one another.


















 I just thought this was cute...Kevin's pizza bags.








Yeah...they stole my camera. 





After food distribution, we went back to Ron and Deb's. They have been such a blessing to us this summer, I'm glad they were able to be part of the day!


Then Mom arrived! (The rest of my family came the next day.) They were all able to stay the 2nd through the 4th, and we had quite a bit of fun together! She and I got some sandwiches and ate down by the lake together - very peaceful and relaxing :)


After dinner and a walk along the lake, Mom and I went back to Ron and Deb's and had cake, ice cream, and strawberries!! Their Bible study was going on, so I was able to share the day with my partners in ministry. Kevin and John were able to come too, so it was a great party! Thanks, Deb, for the delightful cake! (And the bars...and Angie for the cookies...we obviously had lots of dessert today.)










 22 candles and I blew them out in one gust!






 WOOHOO! On the way downstairs to make...flowers! John doesn't look too excited here, but he was definitely the most talented flower-maker of all of us! 



These beauties helped to put the finishing touches on our 4th of July float!



Yep...we're exhausted. I hope there is no longer anyone who wonders why we go to bed so early every night!


 Thank you to everyone who spent my birthday with me and helped to make it great! A special thanks to Allison, who was with me the whole day long - working hard, having fun, and bringing God's love and joy to my life like always. Though it was busy, the most important thing is that we could still see the Lord at work! He has given me a year full of blessings, and I am so grateful to belong to Him :)






No comments:

Post a Comment