1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the
work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
-1 Corinthians 15:58

Thursday, August 16, 2012

KFC

This post is long overdue, but I wanted to write it anyway because KFC was a fun week! 


KFC is a VBS-type program at Summit for 4-year-olds through 4th grade. This year it was sports-themed, so all the kids did practiced their skills in a sport of their choice for the week. They played soccer, basketball, cheer leading, baseball, t-ball, and games galore.  


A group of Czechs Summit has made connections with through trips to the Czech Republic came to the U.S. and helped with the camp. They were wonderful! They didn't hesitate to get involved with the kids, and many of them shared powerful testimonies of what God has done in their lives.


Side-note: The Czech team also met with the Bridge team each morning for prayer and a devotional. My absolute favorite day, one of the guys brought his guitar and did a music devotional with us, and to end, we sang "Here I am to Worship" together. They sang in Czech; we sang in English.  Worshiping one God with one song in two completely different languages, it just felt like a piece of heaven. Won't it be glorious to all come together to worship when we meet our Lord someday?!

Okay...back to KFC!


Because we had some older girls who wanted to come, Caitlin and I spent time with them on Thursday and Friday. We did some dancing, decorated cupcakes, took pictures, and sat and talked. All stuff we ladies enjoy!



One of our young ladies is quite a talented cupcake decorator. When we talked about our dream jobs, I was not surprised to hear her say she wanted to have a bakery. I'm thinking hers is one sweet shop I would definitely stop in to frequently! She does some beautiful work! (Then again...her work looks so good, I don't know if I could bear to eat it!)


We danced to music from Summer Sizzle, and even did one of the Zumba routines (well...we made a valiant effort)











Quite possibly one of the best parts of the week was riding the bus with the kids. Last year, they would sing secular music. For the most part they would keep it PGish, but sometimes it got to be a bit sketchy.  Even songs with "clean" lyrics have some questionable messages nowadays! Well, that problem is gone! One of the older girls wrote some Bridge Kids Chants that they say on the ride. It gets to be a bit loud at times, but it always helps to join in! We also did a few renditions of "Baby Shark," "There's a Melody," "Rock, Sword, Shield," and some KFC worship songs.



Well, that was the final kids' camp of the summer! Camps are always some of my favorite memories because I get to go have fun with all the kids I love. Everything is relaxed, we can act a little silly, and someone else plans activities for us to do! I have no idea whether I will be back for more of these next summer, but I will not be disappointed if I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment